A good book often makes you feel like you are living the exciting life of the main character. But why not REALLY live like a character for a day? Or more!
1) Wear clothes and shoes that characters in books wear.
Dance in a pair red shoes like the ones the little girl wears in The Red Shoes.
2) Eat meals only described in books.
Feast on honey like Jack the Bear.
Or cupcakes like Monchan in Monchan's Bag.
3) Have fun like characters in books:
Make and fly a kite like Windy. (The Windy and Friends blog has a post up right now about how to make kites, both big ones and tiny cute ones!)
Or make a set of multicolored beads like Lillian in The Magic Beads.
Or play some music like the Notes in Lady Treble and the Seven Notes!
4) And when it's time for bed: Dream of growing tall, like Saffy:
Classic books too are ripe with inspiration for a living like a book character:
- Bake a bake a sugar-topped cake that Mr. Tumnus made for Lucy in C.S. Lewis' "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". (There is even a Narnia Cookbook
- Color with only purple crayons like Harold Crockett Johnson's "Harold and the Purple Crayon".
- Talk like Eloise from Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight's "Eloise" (She likes "s" words to describe what she does, and oftne repeats a word three times). Or maybe just try to do some of those crazy things she does like making a hat out of a kleenex box or talking to Mars with paper cups.